Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dem Bones Whirlygiggle


This is the top for a Halloween quilt that I started working on this past week while watching the Olympics. I picked up the fabric awhile back when it was on sale for 70% off. One of the most difficult decisions I find in making a quilt is which pattern to use, since there are so many interesting and fun patterns to choose from. After many hours of looking through many quilting blogs, the whirly-giggle pattern was without a doubt my favorite selection for the whimsical Halloween theme that I am trying to achieve. The back will be solid black with an applique skeleton to carry the skeleton look from the black fabric used on the front to the back. It will be my first attempt at machine applique (let you know how that goes). I may quilt a couple of the orange parts with a spider web design. I need to find a design for the yellow; the yellow has little eyes on the fabric. The black will be outlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment