Monday, February 21, 2011


The never-ending-quilt-is-done. Yeah! I got it finished this weekend. Yeah! This isn't my prettiest quilt. I made numerous mistakes with this quilt and learned a lot. I did try to rescue it; so, all wasn't lost. There are sections that I just love and others that are just the "oh well" sections. For now, it has the honor of decorating the chaise in my sewing area. Someone that is resting on the chaise while watching me work, like my husband, will enjoy snuggling under it.

The front side of the quilt.

I went back through some sections with a decorative stitch from the Janome to give it more of a defined look.

This is the backside of the quilt which is pieced from leftover fabrics. I wanted a reverse look, but I didn't have enough fabric to pull this off. Oh well!

Well, it's done and I'm ready to move on. YEAH!

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilted Decorative Cards

I have decided that I would recycle cards with the scraps from my quilting projects. I have so much fun with my Valentine's Day card that today I tried a birthday card. The quilted side is an abstract of the back printed side.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

My mom sent me another box of fabrics. As a thank you, I made her this card with some of the fabric that she sent me. I like this card so much that I made one for myself.

Back side of card.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Modern Hunter Star Quilt

Playing with decorative stitches from the Threadbanger on the stars.

Close up of the quilting.

Update on my quilting this never ending quilt. I found an interesting method of basting that I decided to try over spray basting or pinning. It is a technique used in the clothing industry for basting, a herring bone baste. It wasn't difficult to do, just time consuming. It took me a week of basting sections while watching tv. I then ran some straight stitch lines in the area of the hunter star pattern with my new machine, Davis NVF. I like how that machine stitches. I then had a difficult time coming up with a quilting pattern. I'm using a scratchy lines free-motion quilting throughout for a more modern look since this isn't a traditional hunter star. I'm using my Singer 15-90 treadle, Jasmine, for this work. The top thread is a variegated orange to black, and the bottom is white.
Here are some photos of the work so far.