Making progress! First photo is one of the ends that I quilted around the clovers.
The other photos show the work on the large white areas of the quilt; one down and nine to go. The yellow fabric is the fabric on the backside of the quilt.
My St. Patty's Day quilt. I'm using fabric that mom had sent along with some fabric with clovers in the classic Irish chain quilt pattern.
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Mom sent me some fabrics that I used with leftovers from the anniversary quilt fabrics to make my latest quilt. The piecing was done on my Singer 201K, and the quilting and binding were done on my Davis NVF. And of course my finishing decorative stitch was done on the Threadbanger TB-30. I made my own quilting bar out of a coat hanger since the quilting bar that came with the Davis doesn't fit the hole in the Davis foot. I had to tape the bar in place to keep it from sliding around while quilting. The lines aren't the straightest, but that doesn't bother me. I discovered if I adjust the ironing board underneath the cabinet I have a larger work area to hold my quilt while working. The red binding fabric and the blue fabric on the back are from Mom.