Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Eagle Scout Quilt

Finished up the quilt last night. The piecing was done with new Two Spools, Melinda; the quilting was done on Singer 201 treadle, Starr; the binding was attached with the Davis NVF, Penny; and the decorative signature stitch was done with Singer 237, Hank.
This was a quick, fun quilt to make with all my vintage machines all in treadles!

THe quilting is just straight-stitching in the ditch and in the border, very simple.


I used the arrowhead cam in the Singer 237 treadle to make this stitch to finish off the binding.

Made progress on the Boy Scout quilt that I'm making for my friend's son.
This is the back of the quilt. Next is basting and then the quilting.

Here is the front all pieced.

Here is a photo of the 5x5 pieces in rows all set up to have the rows sewn together.

A friend's son is getting his Eagle Scout Award. My gift to him will be a quilt that I make from these scout fabrics. These fabrics will be used for the front of the quilt.

And these fabrics will be for the back of the quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilt! I am looking to make a quilt for my son's (and sons, I have another son who is currently a Life Scout and should be finishing his Eagle before long) court of honor. I am having trouble finding scout fabrics right now. Do you happen to have any scraps of these fabrics you would be willing to donate to the cause or sell to me?? or do you know of a good source for discontinued fabrics? Thanks so much for your help!
    Lara Kithens
    lara@sewgoodstitches.com

    ReplyDelete