Thursday, November 17, 2011

I Did It Again!

Yes, I rescued another lost soul screaming to be helped.
This cabinet is gorgeous looking- regardless of her damaged skin.
Someone had picked the machine up as a restoration project, never got around to it, and sold it to me. The top requires a new wood laminate and repairs. All of this will be an adventure for me, since I have never restored a cabinet that is this badly damaged. The machine's decals have silvered from improper cleaning at one time, while other parts of the machine are rusted. I have all the unique drawer knobs. For now, this gal will have to wait in garage until I complete a couple of quilts.



6 comments:

  1. Ok, so what kind of machine is it? She's lovely! Love that treadle plate and the shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well it looks like another Eldridge to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah KT, like you would know...heehee.

    Yes, it's an Eldredge, but not one like my Two Spools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! that's the cutest foot pedal I have ever seen! An ambitious but worthwhile project, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that footprint treadle! I have a few cabinets where I planned on replacing the veneer, but after I sanded and stained the top it looked good enough to put it off for awhile...

    ReplyDelete