Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I Love Lucy...

This dress reminds me of one of the dresses that Lucy would wear.  It's comfy! I just got finished making the buttonholes with my vintage buttonholer and sewing on the buttons tonight. The dress was made using the National Two Spools for the seams and the Singer 201 for top stitching, buttonholes, and hem.  There was once a time that I would cringe at the thought of lining up and making more than one buttonhole.  Those days are long gone since discovering how easily all of that can be done by using a vintage buttonholer.  Following the well written directions on using the buttonholer gadget has lots to do with my success!



Top stitching with the Singer 201 is fun to do also!  The Singer 201 makes some of the prettiest stitches.



I had fun using a different lace than the hem lacing that I normally use.



This dress is McCall's 5636, and directions to pattern were easy to follow.  First time for me using seersucker material. Would I make this pattern again? YES! Would I use seersucker again? YES!

2 comments:

  1. Seersucker and polka dots....SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My buttonholer didn't come with directions. Guess that is why I haven't even tried it out.

    ReplyDelete