Tuesday, July 31, 2012

An Honor to the Ladies

When I saw this pattern at Charise Creates, I just knew I had to make one for myself. This a very fun paper-piecing project!  I did change a couple of places in my project.  For example, a couple of fabric sections at the bottom of the hanging fabric were deleted just because I was a wee bit lazy in my paper-piecing.  Instead, I added some pink embroidery threads to the pink spool of thread. I know that pink thread doesn't match the fabric's colors, but I decided to use a pink colored spool for the design because I do my testing of ideas and quilting designs with my stash of very old pink thread.



I also added with colored copper pencil the words Two Spools along with the Eldredge Two Spools motif on the machine. Since my favorite decal motif is the Eldredge Two Spools, I went with that design to honor my vintage machines for this project. The design doesn't show up very well when photographed. This image reminds me of an uncleaned machine waiting to have its decals discovered by the person cleaning the machine for use.

The scissors is a button that I found at JoAnn's.  This mini quilt hangs alongside the mini color wheel quilt that is hanging on the wall above my quilting notions table.

I was able to fix the writing with a Sharpie gold marker designed to work on dark backgrounds.

1 comment: