Sunday, August 19, 2012


I added to my sewing wall today since I felt the wall just didn't look balanced. I had added the paper-piecing star to the collection, but something was missing. Today, I realized that I had a couple of drawers leftover from the one old cabinet that got trashed (treadle was used for the Singer 201). It dawned on me that I could use one of the drawers for a shelf. Took me no more than five minutes to hang the drawer and then another twenty minutes figuring out what I wanted to display on it. Works for me now!


A peek at my second Link from Legend of Zelda.  This time the squares are three inches, and the quilting will be in the ditch with rays coming out of the corners and ending at Link. 

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Spotlight on Link

I tried a different quilting pattern than I stated I was going to do with this quilt since I was unable to figure out how to quilt the Triforce pattern. Yes, I took the easy way out.  Instead, I quilted rays emerging from all four corners to give a look of spotlights on Link.

Quilting with the Davis NVF.

Red thread is the basting thread which was removed after quilting was completed.

Quilt was washed to remove red tailors chalk lines before adding binding.

Link now hangs above my son's bed. Yes, that is a silver wall.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Monster Hunter Monoblos Armor

My son made his armor for anime convention that he recently attended. I'm so proud of him! He put a lot of work and design into his costume, and it shows. He did an excellent job! He said that he will be retiring this costume to keep it preserved. He is now planning another cloth costume for the next convention next summer since cloth is so much lighter in weight and easier to walk in.  Looks like I will be giving him some sewing lessons.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pixel Art Quilt

My son made a request for a mini quilt.  It's Link from Legend of Zelda!
Now I have to figure out how I'm going to quilt this one. I'm thinking of quilting triangles to form the Triforce symbol from the game.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Recycling Jeans

I made another quilt to use outside either on the hammock...

...or on the loveseat.

It also looks very nice on the loveseat on the porch since the quilt has similar colors as the cushions.

My mock cathedral window quilt is made with used jeans, leftover fabrics from my mom, and leftover batting from other quilt projects. I used my Singer 224 for all the decorative stitching, Singer 201 for piecing, and Davis NVF for attaching the binding.  Fun quilt to make! And very heavy!!