Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Fabrics and Designs

I spent part of the day playing with fabrics and quilt patterns. I'm in the planning stages for a quilt that will be given as a graduation gift to my neighbor's daughter. She'll be graduating from high school this spring. I'm planning on designing the quilt with both sides having a different look to the quilt pattern.

Since her favorite color is pink, I'm working with pink as the main color on one side. Although this isn't my favorite color,  I'm warming up to that color since there are some fabrics with fun motifs. I'm adding an orange since I like the look of the orange with the pink.


For the other side, I have chosen bright and cheery colors with cute motifs.
I thought I knew what I wanted to do for the one side, but now I'm leaning towards a different pattern.

2 comments:

  1. I just used some of those colors in a quilt for my niece. (pictures on my blog). Hopefully, the quilting will be done in the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding it difficult in choosing just two designs since there are so many that I want to make. I keep seeing some very pretty quilts that I then want to make. I need to focus on just the two patterns I that have picked.

    ReplyDelete