Saturday, June 29, 2013

Better than Paper-Piecing

Do you hate to tear the paper out in the paper-piecing project?

Well, Deborah Gansberger was not only frustrated with tearing out the paper, but also frustrated with not being able to see where she was putting the fabric. (We have all been there when working with placing the fabric in paper-piecing.) So, Deborah realized that she had the technology to developed a product to use as a substitute for the paper since Deborah and her husband owned a textile printing company. Here is the link to her products:http://www.ezpiecing.com/

Deborah had been the speaker of a guild that I attended when selling raffle tickets for the gorgeous quilt that my quilt guild was raffling off this past winter. She had a table with items for sale that evening, and I purchased the Double Wedding Ring Runner even before I heard her talk. I'm not an impulse shopper, but I knew that this Wedding Ring table runner would be a manageable project for me.


Last weekend, I read directions, cut fabrics, and pieced. I LOVE the foundation fabric that she has developed. It is so EASY to use! Her pattern directions are very well written and supported with clear photos.


This really is better than dealing with paper.

1 comment: