Saturday, August 30, 2014

Catching Up!

This summer was so busy with trips: Pittsburgh, Houston, Japan, Houston, and Baltimore. It's nice to be back home, but the road trip to Houston has perked my interest in RVs and traveling across this beautiful country. I have spent many evenings not quilting, but researching RVs and reading blogs from RVers that are full-timers. It's fun reading their blogs. So, I have decided to start another blog called "Tootling Along". For now, I'll be posting places that I travel and research information on RVs.

I also spent one week preparing for a class. I was asked to teach the Interleave Quilt at a local quilt store, Wooden Gate Quilts. There were five people interested in learning the method. They couldn't figure out the directions; so, I was asked to help them out. Here is a photo of the one I used to demonstrate the technique and that I worked on during class. I still need to complete the binding. These are fun to make, but my interest has waned since making the large size graduation quilt for my daughter. So this is my last one.


My interests have moved onto making the crab themed quilts. Today, I pulled out three different red fabrics from my stash that will be used to make the crabs in the larger quilt with the off-white, or sand, background, shown in the previous blog post.


This project will take me numerous weeks to get it complete since I'm taking three online classes on child development this semester. I miss working with young children. The goal for now is to be an assistant teacher at a child care center. So, college studies come first and on weekends I will spend time on quilting projects and hiking around the Bay Area.

2 comments:

  1. Hubbys uncle and aunt are full time RVers. His uncle has a blog all about the pros and cons of RV life.

    ReplyDelete